Playgroup Plus / Cylchoedd Meithrin Mwy is offered in parts of Wales as an extension of a playgroup or Local Authority Nursery Education Classes. It offers more day care than a traditional playgroup and may have longer sessions. Groups operate for up to 4 hours a day, with a maximum of 20 hours a week. Children may take a packed lunch. Playgroup Plus groups extend their own Playgroup provision or provide an extension to the hours offered by the Local Education Authority. Like other Playgroups, the service may be based in community or church halls or schools. Cylchoedd Meithrin Mwy are Welsh language extended playgroups which enable children to become bilingual. They are supported by Mudiad Ysgolion Meithrin.
|Registration:||The same standards and registration procedures apply to Playgroup Plus/Meithrin Mwy as to Playgroups/Cylchoedd Meithrin.|
|Qualifications:||At least half the staff should hold a relevant childcare qualification or have completed a specified training course.|
|Fees:||You'll probably pay approx £5 per session. Some may ask you to pay for a block booking of a week or term.|
Playgroups are a good way of extending your childcare. There are a few questions you may wish to ask the playgroup:
1. What qualifications do staff hold?
2. Can you talk me through the learning and developmental activities my child will take part in?
3. How will I find out how well my child is settling in?
4. Is the building/room safe and well kept?
5. How much emphasis is on parental involvement and how can I get involved?
6. Will you keep a daily record of what they've done?
This are not a set list of questions; ask whatever you feel necessary; it is an important decision where to send your child and you want it to be right and feel confident in the care provided.